Personal Injury or Malpractice?

Posted by 70sfamily | 8:40:00 PM


I sent in a complaint against a doctor that took out the wrong side of my toenail which should have been the outside (lateral) that was to be removed permanently! Now the side that didn't need to be removed (the inside of my toenail) is gone and will never come back! So I went and got records and called and asked what does the word lateral mean and they told me it was the nail on the outside of your big toe! So I took pictures of my toe and printed them out to put with my records! He wrote down that he took the lateral part out but he didn't write that he took the part out he actually took out which would be the inner nail. I wrote this on the complaint

"I, Yvonna *** ******** received medical care on April 24, 2009 from Doctor Jon Miller. The medical care was to take out an ingrown toenail on my left toe on the outside of my first toe and burning the bed of it so it won't grow back anymore. Instead the doctor took out part of my nail on the inside of my first toe and burned it. I am reporting this because I went to Doctor Jon miller on April 17,2009 and he gave me an anti-biotic called Zithromax for the infection on my first toe on the outside of it. I believe that it was in record on which side of my toe that my nail needed removed. I know for sure that the inside of my first toe nail did not need to be removed. It was not causing me any problems. The infection was on the outside of my first toe and is still very sore. I have an appointment with Doctor Jon Miller May 1,2009. I will keep up to date on what he says! I have also taken pictures if anyone needs them. Thank you for your time!"

The point is he took out a nail that was fine! Nothing was wrong with it and it's NEVER going to grow back! What do you guys think about this?

tomfed
I am not sure what category that would fall under so I am sorry I cant help with that.Either or both would be my opinion.I understand the anger you are experiencing because not only didnt he fix the original problem he created a whole other one.It isnt the size of the problem its the principle behind it.More people should stick up for whats right and that was definetly not right!!It may be your toenail but it could have been a bigger issue and he needs to be held accountable.

Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: Personal Injury or Malpractice?

0 comments