The nurse that I am suing for negligence (medical malpractice) falsified my medical record. In the first copy that I received (they didn't know I had this copy because the receptionist made it for me and didn't mention it to the nurse or anyone else) the nurse did not record the medical procedure that she performed on me. I suppose she realized that it was look terrible in the event of a lawsuit if the procedure wasn't recorded, so she added to the record notes about the procedure.

However, the rest of the note son that page were written in cursive and in a darker pen. She added the new info. in print. Why would she use print?? Is she a moron? Wouldn't one obviously use the same handwriting to make it more legit? A friend of mine suggested that maybe she printed it so it would be more clear, and irrefutable that she recorded the procedure.

How bad will this ruin her defense? Also, can I have the nursing board revoke her license for falsifying? Isn't this way worse than the malpratice itself???
Mama outlaw, it is perfectly fine for them to add later entries. However, they ABSOLUTELY have to DATE the entries. By not dating it, she is trying to pass them off like she wrote it that day. She was tampering with the evidence of my case by altering the record, because her not recording the procedure is evidence of her incompetence.

candy g
If you have the original she is going to be in a world of hurt, makes your case look even better and from what I gather she can lose her license for this.

mama outlaw
I think you would have to prove that she was "falsifying" and not simply updating her notes after your copy was given you. If I were on a jury, I'd be inclined to think that printing instead of writing the addition was to make it clear that the notes were updated later. It would in no way ruin her defense in my eyes.

You seem to have a vendetta against this person, which is something completely separate from seeking justice.

Burt
This sounds like a pretty clear cut case. I would call an attorney immediately.

What do you think? Answer below!

Orignal From: Tips: How Does a Falsified Medical Record Affect a Malpractice Case?

0 comments