I'm considering whether or not to call an attorney regarding a hospital visit I recently had. I went into the ER for severe lower back pain that radiated down the back of my legs and into my groin. After loads of test the attending said that I had appendicitis and that it'd need to be removed. It was and two days later I was sent home. After two days of agonizing pain I returned to the ER and was readmitted and sent home the next day with the conclusion that it was simply post-op bruising in the tissues from the laparoscopic movement. After 3 days at home I returned to the ER yet again, now in so much pain that I couldn't walk. The ER doc wanted to send me home because I wasn't in pain after I was given a pain killer. HA! I was admitted and after tests galore and finally an ultrasound I was told I had gall stones and would have to have a cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) and that was why I was in so much pain. During this laparoscopic surgery there was a laceration somewhere that made me lose 30% of my body's blood (1.5-2.0 Liters). After blood loss was controlled and organ removed I was in my room and I had stumbled and stripped. I was fine and later a nurse came in and my vitals were off the chart 102.6F and 168/109. I had an emergency exploratory laparotomy where nothing was found. 2 days later and my pain was surging beyond toleration and I was only given ibuprofen 600mg. They said it was just gas pain even though I'd pasted plenty of gas and had bowl movements. This wasn't the only time during my stay I was neglected. There were two other notable time when I was overlooked and/or extreme time was taken before I was administered pain controlling medication. During these times I was in extreme duress and hysterically crying due to pain. One nurse even told me I needed to stop and that I obviously had a mental disturbance. Enough was enough and I left for another hospital with a better rep. Immediately admitted and pain controlled. I signed consent to have records transferred to new hospital and while some OR notes were missing the pathology of my appendix and gall bladder revealed no inflammation or other reasons they'd be considered "hazardous" to my body. So it appears that the surgeries didn't fix my underlying problem as I am still in massive amounts of pain even after the 3 surgeries in 13 days. So if it wasn't necessary to go through all of this, does it apply for a malpractice suit?

Dottie R
I suggest you find resolution to your pain since you say you still have massive amounts of pain. Once the medical issues are resolved, you can then consult with a medical malpractice lawyer in your area to see if there is sufficient cause to file suit.

Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: Malpractice Suit after 3 surgeries in 13 days with no relief?

0 comments