I was found to have a herniated disk which required back surgeory. Because this was not an on the job injury, or a slip and fall accident, I was told this would not be accepted as a work comp claim. While out on STD I wast terminated by my employer. Refusing to pay my medical bills, I decided to retain a work comp lawyer. My claim has now been found compensible, but I will be required to reimburse my insurance STD with my TTD. Can I take further action for wrongful termination, since this has now been found to be a work comp injury?

Howard P
ask your lawyer

Double Dachshunds Owner
Yes. Definitely talk to your lawyer about this. He/she should be able to represent you in this case too. It is against the law to fire someone for a disablility.

Natasha B
yes you can
good luck with that

ScorpionQueen
The answer is yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: Tips: I was injured at work and told it was not a work comp injury. I was fired while out on short term disability?

0 comments