I have anal fissures that are over a year old....I'm too embarrassed to tell my dr...But the other issue is that I'm the plaintiff in a medical malpractice case...So I am required to tell my attorney immediately if I have any health problems of any kind and to report all of my health issues...The defense will have access to all of my health records...I would be embarassed if they knew about my anal fissures.

Should I just wait until my malpractice case is over...Its going to be several years. I'm so depressed please help.

JusTmE
First off, OUCH. Tell your doctor and get it taken care of. I understand its embarrassing, but that is his job and he has already seen EVERYTHING you could think up. He will see you, he will help with the problem, and then he will forget about it as soon as he moves on to his next patient. It's his job...there's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm positive you're not the only one.

Second, I work at a law office, and the medical records are my responsiblity. The most I would ever think if I saw that in someone's medical records would be my exact reaction to your question "OUCH...poor girl or guy." and that would be it.
I read about people having STD's, depression, bipolar disorder, impotence, etc. and it doesn't make me think any less of them or make me smerk at them. Medical problems are usually out of a person's control and you should have no shame in going to the doctor just because a couple people are going to read it in a report.

Go to the doctor....take care of yourself. That should be your priority. =)

Michael
First, fissures are caused by various things, primarily sex and aggressive bowel movements.

If you got it by sex and you don't want to be embarrassed by it, then just tell the proctologist that either you don't know how you got it or it came about after a hard bowel movement.

I doubt the defense will find that relevant.

That being said, put your pride (embarrassment) aside and get it looked at. You're needlessly suffering for nothing. The doctor does this for a living!!! He could care less about your embarrassment. To him, it's just business. It's not like he's going to laugh at you. He's most likely booked with appointments similar or even more embarrassing than yours.

I've had fissures and have it checked every once in awhile. Trust me when I say...

DOCTOR'S DON'T CARE. They treat it like business.

What do you think? Answer below!

Orignal From: I Have Anal Fissures...But Too Embarrassed to Tell My Doctor? Please Help?

0 comments