I am paying 100% out of pocket for expensive fertility treatment from a private clinic. The nurse told me to take a particular medication starting on a particular day which essentially would void any pregnancy. I found out after the expensive insemination with sperm that is no longer even available, by getting 2nd and 3rd opinions. I requested a copy of my medical records and in different handwriting than the rest of the page is written in the correct dosage/time period as if it was added in after the fact. Another doctor's nurse had called me to tell me to start taking the pills on a particular day and when I told her I had already been taking them for a week she said to follow those directions then.

My question is that I just got the records yesterday and am angry they don't match what the nurse had advised me, and have the date of the prescription she wrote and I got filled as evidence along with the reasoning she had given me to take them on a different day which isn't even listed in the paperwork. She told me she had gone over it with the doctor he had ok'd it and it has also resulted in a large benign cyst that needs surgery that I can't afford. I'm tempted to email or call the doctor about it today but fear he will deny things. Should I let him respond and talk to him first or contact an attorney?

PooPooLaTrash
Go to an attorney. If you are contemplating legal action against a physician, you should cease all communications with them and let your attorney handle it. Otherwise, you could commit a blunder that would be harmful to your case.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: When suffering from malpractice better to confront the doctor first or go straight to an attorney?

0 comments