Can anyone find any statistics or data? I'm looking for the average amount awarded in malpracice cases in the United States. I'm doing a research paper and I can't seem to find that information.

Thanks a bunch!

cyanne2ak
This varies widely by state. It would help to know if you were looking at Medical Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, or a specific type of either. Many states these days put damages caps on the amount recoverable in a malpractice action.

r1b1c*
You don't state what type of malpractice, it could be legal, medical etc. the most common being medical...

"Since the costs of going to court can be very expensive, many large companies and medical facilities prefer to settle out of court. Lower amounts are often awarded through medical malpractice settlements than through jury verdicts. The median range is approximately $ 125,000 for an out of court settlement versus the median $ 235,000 for jury verdicts."

http://www.onlinelawyersource.com/medical_malpractice/settlements.html

Jesse T.
Remember all the things we wanted? Now all our memories -- they're haunted. We were always meant to say, "goodbye." Even with our fists held high, it never would've worked out right: we were never meant for do or die. I didn't want us to burn out, I didn't come here to hold you -- now I can't stop.
I want you to know that it doesn't matter where we take this road, someone's gotta go. And I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better, but I want you to move on. So I'm already gone.

Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: What is the average amount awarded in a malpractice case?

0 comments