General update on school, study advice in answer to questions, joke of the day and random medical fact of the day. Ok here is (as promised) a list of the courses I took in college that I would recommend to other people pursuing a medical degree. First semester: -BIC classes (not relevant) -calculus -Gen Chem I--- important for the MCAT 2nd Semester -BIC classes (again not relevant) -Biology I--- important for mcat -Bio I lab " " -Forensic survey (for forensic science major, not relevant) Third semester -BIC classes still not relevant -Bio II and lab important for mcat -anthropology, not really important for anything fourth semester -BIC classes -Gen Chem II important for MCAT -Genetics and lab... important for MCAT and very useful in medical school -French I -firearms evidence for forensic science major summer after sophomore year -Physics I and II and labs---- important for mcat, absolutely useless in medical school so far -EMT-Basic Training--- looks good on resume, gets medical experience, very fun, can get a job -health and performance x 2 Fifth Semester -Bic Classes -Organic Chemistry I-- good for MCAT -French II -Osteology (for forensic science classes but very useful in medical school anatomy) -medical terminology Sixth semester -Bic Classes (finally these were over!!!) -Honors Organic chem II--good for MCAT -Chemistry Lab (very useful for MCAT and I met my beautiful girlfriend/future wife) -Biochemistry (very good for medical school, would say it is a must have ...




Orignal From: New, Medical School Update 11-13-09 and answers to study questions

0 comments