How do I find a decent lawyer in my area?

Posted by 70sfamily | 3:22:00 AM


I need to file a claim against a hospital for gross negligence, but I have no clue as to how to find a lawyer, and especially one who won't cost me my firstborn.

Betsy
These are the kinds of suits an attorney should take on a contingency basis, meaning that he/she should get a percentage of the settlement you receive. You need to find an attorney who handles medical malpractice cases. Usually the yellow pages will list attorneys by specialty.

Sometimes local magazines in larger cities rank attorneys. You might try asking a reference librarian if he/she could help you find some information on attorney ratings. If you have an acquaintance who practices in a different area of the law, you might ask him/her for a recommendation.

You should talk with the attorney about his/her fees. As mentioned before, the attorney should take the case on a contingency basis. Expenses should also be discussed. For example, if the case requires expert witnesses, they would need to be compensated for their time.

mailaccount63
Please don't ask the same (or almost the same) question repeatedly over and over. It won't change the situation or our answers.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: How do I find a decent lawyer in my area?

0 comments