i had surgery to remove my right ovary and tube it was done laparoscope and out patient. i was only home about two hours when i passed out and my husband said it looked like i was having a seizure so he called 911 i went back to the hospital er where they told us i had gas pains and my chest pains were anxiety to stop shallow breathing and i wouldn't feel like that. they were going to send me home like this. very very long story short i layed from 9:00p.m. til 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. before they pulled my blood and said they called my dr. in and they are getting the or ready for me to go to surgery and i need a couple blood transfushions, i have a few other things going on from all this . i still as of oct 6th cannot lay down to sleep i have very bad shoulder pain , a dr said maybe they pulled my shoulder out of place when moving me ? my dr said he thinks the reason i cannot lay down is that i still have blood clot in by my liver and spleen and thats the pain and pressure i feel in my arm when i lay down. the damage from the blood inside takes up almost all of my body from my ribs past my knees i have 16 days of pics to show what it's done to me and the pain is so bad all i can do is cry even with pain meds. they treated me like i was garbage taking up space til they seen i was bleeding. so i would like to know if this sounds like medical malpractice ? they pulled over 1,300 cc of blood out of me and there is still alot they couldn't get my dr. said my body will have to do it. my blood count is still low and i'm just plan sick.

Demitri Reynolds
Medical malpractice is defined as is professional negligence by "act or omission" by a health care provider. Therefore, if they failed to find out what was wrong with you in a timely manner and that caused additional harm, the doctor or hospital could be accused of an act of negligent omission. But you would have to prove that the delay in treating you caused harm.
If the complications you are now experiencing occurred because of an accident made by the doctor during the surgery, you have a different medical malpractice case on your hands. It may help to go to another doctor and have him look at you in order to find out if something was done wrong during surgery.
Here's an article on post-operative complications that may help: http://www.medicalmalpracticenj.com/articles/post-operative-complications/

Good luck!

Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: Tips: does this sound like medical malpractice ?

0 comments