I'm definitely going to complain but I am seriously pissed and want to sue. My child experienced what I believed were reactions to a vaccination so I asked for the medical records to see exactly what she'd been given. Firstly, the nurse gave my daughter a different vaccine than she told me she was giving her, and secondly, she gave my 17 month old a vaccine indicated for children and adults 7 years and up.

Is this a medical malpractice case?

crnagora
why? did you even talk to them?

M. Money Millionaire
... if your kid wasn't hurt get over it. people are so quick to sue nowadays, it's ridiculous

pimppapy
speak to a Lawyer. And bring those records with you.

-USMC-Woman
This is fact can be malpractice. I would get legal advice from an expert about what you should do next.

mollyblue55
Yes you can - this is a terrible error on the part of a "medical professional" You should be able to find a lawyer who will take the case on a contingencies basis (he only gets paid when you win) There are horrible disabilities that can occur when vaccines are given incorrectly.

Cindy
omggg definately...

Ronny
I agree that was very irresponsible! I would definitely talk to the hospital, but I agree with the other guy about not jumping on the "sue bandwagon". Just be thankful your kid wasn't hurt. The only thing that would justify a law suit is maybe malpractice or if you incurred medical expenses as a result. Plus, you said yourself that you "belivied" it was a reaction to the vaccine. Can you prove that? Because if you plan to take it to court, you will have to.

tantalizin1
yes especially if there were adverse reactions to the vaccine

whitefangz1
Probably not. For starters, medications indicated for use on people over a certain age CAN often be used on a patient under the age indicated, based upon the discretion of the medical practitioner. Secondly, once you consented to the vaccination, medication, or treatment, they can substitute medications or the vaccination as long as it is not a significantly different procedure or does not carry a significantly greater risk. Third, you "believe" that your child suffered an inverse reaction, but can you PROVE it with a certainty in court? Lastly, it doesn't sound like there was any lasting medical effect, no permanent damage, and no real negligence involved. You are missing some key elements to a malpractice lawsuit here and you are lacking any real basis for a damage claim.

Pixel P
they screwed up- it could be harmful to your kids- do it.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: My child was given the wrong vaccine.... can I sue?

0 comments