are they cheating me with this settlement?

Posted by 70sfamily | 10:58:00 AM


ok, i dont have a lawyer representing me on this case i have with a major food company. I slipped and fell with my daughter on ice on my way into their place of business to eat, my total bills come to 2, 220 dollars in medical bills, they are only trying to pay for that? do u think i could get more for pain and suffering? because they are admitting they was at fault for the injuries that happen, and should i get me a lawyer?

davidmi711
"because they are admitting they was at fault for the injuries that happen" - HIGHLY unlikely. They made an offer and I expect that if you read the offer they specifically state that they do NOT accept responsibility.

If I slipped while walking on ice I would not try to blame some else if I fell. it is ice, I know it is slick. If I don't feel comfortable walking on ice, I don't.

I would accept the offer. You can hire a lawyer, however it comes out of what ever you win.

Jack P
So, they are offering to pay your medical bills only, right? If you actually did have pain and suffering, at minimum tell them that their offer is unacceptable, that you plan to file suit, and see if they counter with something higher.

It would be best to have an attorney, but I understand wanting to represent yourself.

Keep in mind, if you sign a settlement agreement, your right to sue is gone forever! Also, most states have a 1-2 year statute of limitations for personal injury claims, so don't drag your feet.

Atavacron
It depends entirely on your injuries. In order to prevail with pain and suffering you have to actually have some, generally stuff that hasn't gone away in a few days.

kariba
You should not get anything for pain and suffering. They are paying your medical bills which is great! Did you miss any time off work? If so maybe they will add that in to the settlement as well. When people take advantage of issues like this it's bad in the long run as this is what often causes prices to go up. You are certainly entitled to the actual costs of bills, though.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: are they cheating me with this settlement?

0 comments