I slipped and fell down in Safeway...?

Posted by 70sfamily | 1:53:00 PM


... I was standing in the freezer aisle waiting for my husband to come around from the other side. Next to me was the shopping cart and my 3 year old son. My back was sort of against the glass doors in the freezer dept. I moved over a foot and slipped on a puddle of water, (and no I couldnt see the water) my left foot came out from under me, and caused me to slip into the front splits. I was able to catch myself on the shopping cart and back head lightly hit the doors. I was alright for about 5 min, when I walked up to the manager and told her, I filed a claim with the store.
I did go to the ER and they did an xray and no broken bones but probably pulled something, the pain is all down my Right leg and into my lower and into my neck.
I have spina bifida occulta, so the pain is worse I think cause of that.

Should I go about finding an injury lawyer???
Im adding this after reading a few responses.
How can some of you say its my fault??
I didnt put the water there on the ground. They could have prevented me from falling.
Its like saying its your fault from someone hitting your car, shouldnt have been there.

jenn
why do you need to sue them?!

do you live in Cali??

Ravenclaw
Yeah, for sure. They should be more careful with their potentially hazardous areas.

Kristi
no, it wasnt safeway's fault that you slipped...it was your own fault. thats really sleezy to file a claim & blame them for something that wasnt even their fault

wowzer9
Yep...find an injury lawyer...call them tomorrow.

REALLY?
OMG! YES! They failed to provide a clean and safe enviroment for you to shop in and WHAT if it would have been you little boy? My husband fell a while back (landlords fault) we should have sued and had every right, but we didn't, I was raised not to and a lil voice in the back of my head told me no. We could have won. You should do it.

june cleaver
JURRIS PRUDENCE

JURRIS PRUDENCE

DRINK PRUIN JUICESS

OH MY

SUE HER SUE HER SUE SUE UND SUE


SEWER SEWEWER

GET OUT OF DA GUTTER

CALL ROTO ROUTER UND TAKE THE PLUNGE

UND FERTHERMORE
WAS IT A BANANAA>>>??


I SAY IT AINT BINDING

YA NEED SOME PRUDENCE~~

GET A BROOM AND SCRUB WITH BRISTLES!!!!!!!



DA SUPERMARJET AINT A FREEWAY

ITS A GROCERY

mellophone player
what is Safeway and where are they?
i live in Alabama and have never heard of them.
oh and to answer the question - no don't sue them it was not their fault someone could have left the freezer door open or have just spilled something there.

SeenIt
Depends... As written here it does not at all reference that it was Safeway's fault. It what looks to me a very similar but not exact question on same topic it added the detail the manager said the water was from them defrosting the freezer. If they admitted they were at fault you may be legally entitled. Why multiple posts of same question?

Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: I slipped and fell down in Safeway...?

0 comments