Tips: Do I have to see my Therapist?

Posted by 70sfamily | 1:53:00 PM

what is medical negligence
by SS&SS

Here's the story, I am seeing about 4-5 doctors, due to my anxiety disorder, sleep apnea, and obesity. I have been seeing my Therapist for a few months and I have always hated him ever since cause of his stupidity and always changing subject when we talk about my fears and etc. I also see my Psychiatrist before my Therapist, so I know my Psychiatrist longer and she was the one who recommended me to see the Therapist. I finally got my courage up to not see my Therapist anymore and reject his treatment(which is only talking about retarded stuff like his family, his diet? and his parents and his near death experience?!). And today he just called my mom saying if I don't keep seeing him, he would report me to the "higher-ups" and the government? about my "severe illness"(which appearantly is Anxiety disorder). and he said he would sue my mom for MEDICAL negligence -.-. and also he said if I don't see him, he won't allow me to see my psychiatrist who supplies me with medication, when my psychiatrist was the one who recommended me to see him...

So what should I do? Should I keep seeing him or not? Because if I'm not mistaken, the Patients Bill of Rights says that Patients have the right to reject treatment and not see the doctor. Oh yea, also during a few sessions, he told my mom to quit her job when my family is low income and shes the only one who supplies the money, just so she "keep an eye" on me...

Also, can he really "sue" my mom and report to the "government/higher-ups" to force me to go to a clinic and force treatment on me? Cause I believe that's some bullshit he's making up and im getting fed up with it cause he's talking like of crap to my mom.
My mom wasn't the one who was telling me it, the Therapist was telling me it when I decided not to see him again, by the way I'm 18.

WRG
I really don't think somebody is telling you the whole truth. This may be your mother. As a minor you have almost no rights to decide your medical care. Those rights are your parent's.

Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: Tips: Do I have to see my Therapist?

0 comments